Search This Site

follow me on twitter subscribe to feed

Loan modification complaint letter to OCC got fast action for borrower

Borrower in loan modification hell with Bank of America for months got OCC to put a fire under them

After 9 months of haggling with Bank of America for a loan modification, only to be turned down, this frustrated borrower needed help. She got a tip to file a complaint with the OCC’s HelpWithMyBank.gov.

48 hours after filing the complaint, in a phone conversation with the executive department of the president of the bank, she was told that they now had her complaint on file from the OCC and her loan will be assigned an advocate in the next 10-15 days, maybe sooner.

They showed the signed notarized docs were received and were moved on to the investor and they are unsure why it has taken two months for them to complete the process (more like 9 months total).

Within 15 days of filing the complaint she received a signed copy of the final loan modification agreement.

She said the terms are not ideal but you can’t beat the interest rate. Nine months and finally it happened.
// Article continued below video //

Has your loan modification request been in limbo, denied or cancelled? Watch this video

Loan modification expert, Mike Rockwood, and author of the recommended loan modification workbook, explains how to use a handful of proven strategies to escalate your demand for attention and action on your loan modification request.

These strategies will help you overcome the stall tactics, long delays, wrong answers, incompetent employees and rejection of your trial or permanent loan modification.

In the video, Mike mentions a government agency you can contact to complain, namely, The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC). Click here to read more about OCC agency and what it can do for you

Click here for more Q&A Video Coaching segments that will answer your urgent questions and give you proven strategies to fight for your loan modification.

FYI: As a last resort and for added protection if the clock is ticking against you towards a foreclosure sale date, learn how to stop foreclosure in a day to buy more time to work out a solution.

About the OCC

The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) charters, regulates, and supervises all national banks. It also supervises the Federal branches and agencies of foreign banks.

The OCC’s nationwide staff of examiners conducts onsite reviews of national banks and provides sustained supervision of bank operations. The agency issues rules, legal interpretations, and corporate decisions concerning banking, bank investments, bank community development activities, and other aspects of bank operations.
#####
Source: http://moneywatch.bnet.com/saving-money/blog/home-equity/loan-modification-success-story-filing-a-complaint-with-the-occ-can-help/2399/

I have a special report for you called Your Blueprint To Avoid Loan Modification Hell. It’s full of strategies and tools to help you get approved for your loan modification – or even better – no mortgage at all. Click on the banner below for all the details.
free report to avoid loan modification hell

Technorati Tags: occ, office of the comptroller of the currency, file a complaint with occ, loan modification complaint

Related posts:

1. Wells Fargo gives borrower run-around for a year over loan modification
  2. Florida homeowners have filed hundreds of loan modification complaints against Bank of America
  3. Courts becoming last refuge for homeowners who want a loan modification using mediation
  4. VA offers HAMP program to borrowers
  5. Homeowner jerked around by GMAC trying to get a loan modification

Tags: , , , , ,

Facebook comments:

12 Responses to Loan modification complaint letter to OCC got fast action for borrower

1. Bradley Morrison on 30/10/2010 at 13:53

I’m getting a “run around” from Bank of America (who bought Countrywide – my original lender) My loan modification application was accepted as complete several months ago, but ever since then the only answer I get from BOA cutomer service is ” your application is under review” No matter how I ask the question, it’s always the same answer, week after week,month after month. I feel my only recourse at this time is a complaint to the OCC.
    I would appreciate some tips on writing this complaint. What details should I include?

2. Gail Simmons on 30/10/2010 at 18:04

Bradley, I am so sorry you are getting the run around. Watch the tips in this post on how to complain effectively to get some action: /2010/08/24/loan-modification-complaint-letter-to-occ-got-fast-action-for-borrower

3. Tina on 08/03/2011 at 16:50

Please help, I have been in process with loan modification for more than 18 months with BA, I complained to OCC about a month ago, I had some positive feedback, but I was told to wait. Please somebody help, I have nightmare every night about this L/M.

4. Gail Simmons on 09/03/2011 at 11:51

Tina, I hope you got a copy of my free report. It gives you 3 vital steps to take to force the bank to give you favorable loan mod or much more – like own your home free and clear. You need to use legal leverage against bank/servicer.

5. Barry Lockhart on 31/03/2011 at 23:09

HELP!!!!somebody, I started a loan mod on 4/20/10 and still no loan! I was in a motorcyle accdent on 9/9/09,we have used up all of my resourse’s,sold my car,boat,I have no more! Bank of America told me just make whatever payment I could make. Now I owe over $14,000 in late fees.I need a hand, NOT A HAND OUT!!!!I’m afaid they are going to win! I do not want to give up! This was my grandmothers house! PS I did go back to work.

Barry Lockhart

6. Gail Simmons on 07/04/2011 at 12:33

Barry, I’m so sorry to hear of your challenging circumstances. Did you get my special report? It gives you 3 weapons to use against your bank/servicer that can wipe out your mortgage completely and even put money in your bank account from you bank/servicer (or your title insurer) when they get a court ordered judgment against them for mortgage fraud. You need to get in the DRIVER’S SEAT and put your bank/servicer in the HOT SEAT.

7. Alfren on 11/05/2011 at 09:41

Bank of America has been giving us a hard time on our loan modification. We are dealing with a different person everytime we call. We’ ve sent so many paperwork and there was never a time they received them completely, either by fax or by mail. There is always something missing. They don’t communicate back then denies our application. Bank of America apparently had our loan as an investment and it is our primary residence.

8. Cerilo Malimban on 01/06/2011 at 10:03

Citimortgage has been giving us a hard time on our loan modification. We are dealing with a different person everytime we call. Every time they said to fax the paper works, we do it and after a day they will say that they not receive it.They always say call again tomorrow.We are running out of time because they said that our SELL DATE for foreclosure is on Friday JUNE 3 2011..Can you please advice us to prevent our house for foreclosures.

9. Gail Simmons on 11/07/2011 at 08:24

Review the free report I put together and choose the tools that will help you get legal leverage over the lender. You can still use the same tools for a wrongful foreclosure.

10. Allen Richardson on 11/07/2011 at 16:36

Bank of American is a lousy corporation, we have sent modification paperwork in for the 7th time and each time we have been given the run around. assigned a negotiator on April 21, 2011 who confirmed receipt of documents and their correctness. We were told to callback in two weeks and we did after which our negotiator would not return our calls. A letter to the CEO got us a phone call from a specialist requesting the same process and paperwork again. I have begun a campaign to have everyone divest from doing business with Bank of American. BOA has not done anything to earn our dollars or loyalty.

11. Gail Simmons on 17/07/2011 at 09:32

Allen, the big banks are experts at giving their customers the runaround. You need to turn the tables and get your lender/servicer in the legal “hot seat” with the strategies explained in the free report I have available. Please get your copy and see how to fight back.